Figure of Language
The project consists of an environment with the features of a great auditorium,
made up of:
1. 250 chairs
2. 250 glass boards with the insertion of the word figure.
3. Two nylon screens, fixed through a metal structure (or wood), one of them
inscribed with the word figure.
4. Sound-track especially composed for the event and amplification equipment
for the surrounding sound.
5. Special illumination
1. The chairs: Usual, individual chairs will be used, in dark
wood. The chairs shall be lined up and fixed in the floor by screws, so they dont
move during the event. Between one and another chair must always have a distance
of 2 meters, in front and to the sides.
2. The glass boards: They must be located ahead of each chair, at a distance
of approximately 70 centimeters of the person supposedly seated head.
Metallic staples and transparent nylon wires will fix them in the ceiling.
Each board will have an inscription in red adhesive vinyl with the word figure.
The glass boards, with the dimensions of 30 cm x 90 cm, and thickness of 4 mm,
must have all edges polished.
3. The nylon screens: They must be installed in the front part of the room,
where normally stages are situated. The screens will cover totally the windows
that illuminate the environment. A plotted painting in one of them will present
the word figure printed inverted. In front, at a distance of some centimeters,
a diffusing filter with the same dimensions of the previous screen will defocus
the word printed. The light that comes from outside and illuminates the environment
will pass through both the screens.
4. The sound track: Basic element of the project, the sound track has as function
modifying the environment scale, extending its physical dimension. In the audience
it will be installed the speakers need to have a full covering acoustics of the
space. The sound track will remain in operation during the whole period of the
event. The sound equipment and its features will have to obey the specifications
of a specialized professional.
5. The illumination: The place will be prepared in such form that it is only
illuminated through the natural light from the windows ahead the chairs. Walls
will be constructed blinding the natural light from all the windows that are not
those located in front of the audience. For night visits, special lights located
behind the nylon screens, will be installed, producing during the night the same
natural light effect of the windows. Small service lights, of low density, complement
the lighting design.